Who owns the franchise?
The franchise is for an ABA practice that is 100% owned and independently-operated by the franchisee. Hi-5ABA and its processing affiliates provide support services that help a franchise with the day-to-day tasks.
I am a BCBA. How much experience do I need to be considered for a franchise opportunity?
Field experience in home-based ABA therapy better equips a BCBA to own and operate a clinical practice. However, because Hi-5 ABA provides training and highly-skilled clinical consultation, even a newly-licensed therapist may qualify to begin a new franchise.
Must I be a BCBA to own a Hi-5 ABA franchise?
A Hi-5 ABA franchise must have a BCBA who owns at least 20% of the business. Unless otherwise prohibited by state law, the other 80% can be owned by one or more non-BCBAs.
How much money can I make owning my own Hi-5 ABA franchise?
Many factors contribute to the revenue-potential of any business. ABA is a growing field and operating as a Hi-5 ABA franchise offers many advantages over operating a practice without the support and expertise of a Hi-5 ABA administrative team. Hi-5 ABA does not make any representations about a franchisee’s future financial performance. Hi-5 ABA does, however, in the company’s Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), provide certain past financial data for the existing affiliate offices’ revenue and performance in 2018. See Item 19 of our FDD, dated March 15, 2019 for additional details.
What sort of support services does Hi-5 ABA provide to its franchisees?
Hi-5 ABA and its affiliates provide support services that assist the franchisee with business planning, recruiting analysts and technicians, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, monthly reports, credentialing, billing, and collections. Hi-5 ABA also provides access to expert clinical consultation and other administrative services.
How much does it cost to start a Hi-5 ABA franchise?
The initial franchise fee is $10,000 with some exception (though that is not likely to be the only initial investment). Please reach out to Timothy Maddox, Director of Franchising, at email@example.com for a full breakdown of our franchise fee options and potential initial startup costs. Additional details about the other costs and estimated initial investment to start a Hi-5 ABA franchise are available in the FDD.
Can I read the Franchise Disclosure Document?
The FDD for Hi-5 ABA is available in certain states, depending upon individual state franchise law. For more information, please contact Timothy Maddox, Director of Franchising, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to do to get started?
Step 1) Meet with a Hi-5 ABA representative to discuss your vision.
Step 2) Receive and read the Franchise Disclosure Document and complete Hi-5 ABA Application.
Step 3) Should you and the franchisor decide that this is the best move forward, you would pay a fee and sign the Franchise Agreement.
Step 4) Begin training.
How much does Hi-5 ABA charge for its administrative support services?
Hi-5 ABA has designed its program to provide administrative support services at modest cost to the franchisee. Hi-5 ABA employs industry-leading systems to minimize franchisee’s time and expenses related to billing, collections, credentialing, bookkeeping, payroll, etc. The value proposition from Hi-5 ABA to the franchisee is intended to not only free up the franchisee to focus on clinical concerns, but to provide administrative services designed to help control cost and provide high quality services. For more information please contact Timothy Maddox, Director of Franchising, at email@example.com.
Does Hi-5 ABA or its affiliates provide advances against receivables so that a franchisee can cover payroll costs while waiting for insurers to pay claims?
Yes. It is the current policy (early 2019) of our affiliate, Hi-5 Processing, Inc., to provide each franchisee up to $50,000 to cover payroll and other necessary business expenses, in the context of a working relationship that meets our requirements. The amount of working capital each office has available depends upon how much the franchisee has in outstanding current receivables and certain other limitations, the details of which are more specifically described in Item 10 of our FDD.
What if I already have an ABA business? Can Hi-5 ABA help me?
Yes, an existing practice can become a Hi-5 ABA franchise, allowing the owner to access all available Hi-5 ABA support services while retaining 100% ownership of their ABA practice.